Sunday, May 22, 2011

Poem Package - Marco Bellissimo

Honesty

There are things that nobody will tell you,

I will. Not

Tell you lies

There are things that nobody will give you

I could

Try

And imagine a world of truth

Do you believe?


Signs

You had it coming

The ticket well deserved

You thought it was a one way street?

Speeding passed red lights

Tried to cheat the law

You will be pleased to know I stuffed all of your gasoline stained lies into a jar

I ran the jar over with your car


Parenting

Go

Even though you are helpless

Against your malleus dreams

That whisper into your ear

Leave with what paint I have given you

A blank canvass awaits

Paintbrushes are hard to come by

Young hands will suffice

Blue and pink

Red and black

Green and brown

The colors of action and inaction

No matter your creation

I will cheer for the painter


A Dime A Rhyme

Mirror mirror

In the stall

Should I go to the mall?

From what I’ve heard

It’ll be a ball

But yeah, I know, its only Yorkdale after all

I could take the bus

And sit near an exit door

I’ll shove all paranoia into my mental drawer

My parents will worry

They’ll wait by the phone

No matter how long it takes for me to come home

My time is up

I hear an impatient tap

I wish I really had a thinking cap

I guess I’ll just go home

And read some lame rhyming poetry to my sister


Dead Flames

Burn it all down

Let it smoulder

You ignited a hate

Sparked an urge

We were coals to the fire

Wind to the flame

The napalm engulfed us

Nothing safe from the inferno

The searing pain ate at us

All emotion dry

Fumes in the vista

Fogging up the future

You simmered

I broiled

The heat was too much

The blaze lunged at us

Our flares used to dance in the sky

Lighting up the darkness

We are charcoal now

Scorched


Memories

I can still hear

The voices of the lane where I was born

My grandfather calling me in from the rain

The scream of liberty overpowering him

Listen

I am a choir of voices

Tearing a hole in the flesh of the sky

Embracing the howl of the stars

Anchors fall from the heavens

Latching faith with reality

I hunger for those familiar smiles

I cry an unknown ocean of sadness

The ocean has now watered the garden

Giving life to sprouting trees

Life where the once was none

We are together

Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment