Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Me

When I look in the mirror

Do I know who I see?

To tell you the truth, no

I don’t know what I have become.

Some may look at me as beautiful,

Others may look at me with pity

Or some may even say that I am ugly.

I may be different then each and every one of you

But I can say that it is who I am.

I can’t help that I do mistakes

I’m sorry that perfection isn’t what I can reach.

You may not accept me for who I am

I’m not the glamorous blonde hair, blue eyed Barbie doll

That everyone dreams about.

I’m not the best that life has brought

Troubles, secrets, and lies

Is

What I am surrounded by every day.

I try to pretend

I am still who I was in the past

Lots has happened and changed

From then to now.

I have to deal with what I have

Because life brings a lot.

Decisions flutter and before you know it,

You have missed out on so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment