Monday, February 1, 2010

Erica Graham

As I come to the end of Ms. DeFrancesca’s third period writer’s class and as I put together the finishing touches of my final project, I begin to reflect on all that I have written in the short 5 months that I have been here. I came into this class not knowing what to expect. I knew that I loved writing but I asked myself many questions, like, what kind of marks would I be able to achieve? Would I be any good at creative writing? I had not had any memories of creative writing since elementary school, and I had forgotten all the rules, all the regulations.


In the end, when I reflect back on all that we have learned and all the final projects we have produced, I feel a sense of accomplishment. I am proud of the work that I have completed in this class and I am excited to apply what I have learned to my every-day writing adventures. After all the free writing exercises, I no longer hesitate before I write. I am now able to write at a faster pace, without worrying (too much) if my writing is “correct”, or if people will “like” what I have written. I have learned to write for me, even if nobody sees it. In the end, I have learned that the sense of accomplishment I feel after I finish a piece of writing is the greatest feeling of all. I also enjoyed listening to others come and speak to our class about their own personal adventures in the world of writing. It was encouraging to hear others who had a passion for writing follow what they loved doing, even if it is difficult to climb the ladder and be successful at it.


Overall, I have taken away a new sense of love for writing, one that I may not have discovered if I had not been a part of this Writer’s Craft class. Even after this class is finished, I will continue to write regularly and I am excited apply the techniques I have learned in this class to each writing project I complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment