Monday, February 1, 2010

Tyler Galea

My name is Tyler Galea and poetry was never something I liked. The way writing is to me, is a way of expressing your true feeling. I see creative writing as being no right or wrong way because it comes from the heart. When writing poems you usually need to be somewhat inspired by something but with Ms. De Francesca as my teacher, I have learned some new techniques in writing poetry and ways to write poetry without any inspiration at all. I believe this class is about exploring our own personal creativity and how important editing really is. In the beginning I never really planned on taking this course but some of my friends recommended it so I thought I would give it a try. Now that I have actually taken the course I am no longer discouraged with my writing and can now write confidently. By reading someone’s poetry you can almost get a quick glance of how that person really is and how their personality relates to their poems. When you read my poems I believe they can help you get a brief outlook on my life and and a quick insight on my personality. From everything I have learned in this course I plan on using it my whole life and through my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment