Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tiago De Oliveira

Writer’s Craft – Poetry Unit

I really enjoyed this writer’s craft class, which I took this semester. I learned many new things about writing, poetry, and the different types of prose there are. I had thought I was an okay writer, however as we progressed on towards the course, I realized that my writing was horrible compared to what some of the greatest writers had written. I learned how to write a proper story with dialogue, which is crucial since I began an attempt to write a book. A benefit from this class was that I am able to take different parts of different stories and make a major story. I also learned how to write a proper poem and not look for “inspiration” on the internet; a problem I had before. There was no huge disadvantage to this course, except for the excessive assignment work we had to do; procrastination also played a role. I also disliked the extremelt difficult tests that were given; they were more like exams. Too much content to remember, plus a brutal site passage. I wished that this course was longer, because I could have learned a lot more. I liked the class environment, as well as some of the assignments that we received throughout the semester (ie. Little Red Riding Hood). Poetry was also fun, I found out that you do not need to rhyme to get a good poem, all it takes is an idea and some thoughts. I have learned a lot and will be carrying this newly found knowledge into the future, and perhaps my future career. It should be continued course as a vital course to help a student with their writing. It helps them with writing skill, spelling, and how to use music or other poems with their own personal poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment