Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tania Da Silva

My name is Tania da Silva. I am currently in gr 12 and am going to Humber next year for Social Work. To me writing is an escape from the real world. It allows me to become someone else and lets me express how I am feeling at a particular time. I began writing at 15. I am an emotional person but I don't show my emotions in public and that is what contributed to my writing poetry. I had been through traumatic experiences that left me grieving on the inside. I don't remember when it was exactly but I remember it being summer. I just felt like writing. I picked up a pen and began writing. Ever since then I have been writing. My favorite type of writing is poetry because there is no specific guideline. I can write as much or as little as I want, punctuate when I choose and end if I feel like it. Writing will continue to be a part of my life because it's the way in which I cope with my issues. Crying and talking about it to me has no use so when I write poetry it feels like a weight has been lighten off of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment